A deed poll is most often used to declare the intention to change one’s own name.

Please note that it is a precondition of registering a deed poll in Ireland that you must be an Irish resident and an E.U citizen.

If you are not an E.U citizen, you must obtain a license from the Minister of Justice and Equality (under Section 9 of the Aliens Act 1935) for your proposed change of name.

If you wish to register a deed poll for someone under the age of 18, please contact us either by email or by phone as more details are required.

If you are over 18 and wish to register a deed poll with us, simply provide the relevant information below. We will require the following:

  • Present name (including any middle names on your birth cert)
  • New name in full
  • Date of birth
  • Particulars of citizenship
  • Address

If you fill in this information, we can prepare the Deed Poll so that it is ready for you to sign whenever you attend. We provide this service at a competitive rate. Our charges include the provision of:

  • a witness,
  • deed paper,
  • and of a Commissioner for Oaths

as well as the enrolment of the Deed Poll in the Central Office as a document of public record.

To submit your information for your Deed Poll request, please click here.